Friday 8 June 2012

Today


Why is it that people in customer service always ask me if I want something 'today?' 

"Can I help you pack your bags today?"
"Would you like to use a Boots Advantage card today?"
"Would you like a tea or coffee to go with that today?"

No thanks, I'd like one tomorrow actually.   

I feel like it must be something to do with people trying to make their sentences longer, and thus, cleverer (because that's how it works apparently) and  it drives me absolutely BANANAS; here is a picture of me being driven bananas:


this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, except that I don't like bananas and don't like to be reminded that other people have passed their driving tests.

1 comment:

  1. I must say that I love the pictures...makes the whole blog that much more fun (and it's fun anyway) as well as providing necessary aids for those of us who are visual learners.

    ReplyDelete