Friday 6 July 2012

Public Toilet Etiquette


Something somebody said to me on a train the other day made me think about public toilet etiquette, especially in situations when there are very few toilets available.  I've put together a handy guide so that you don't all make the same mistakes that I did:

1. Pooing 



This causes an unpleasant aroma, (but sometimes it cannot be helped.)

2. Shouting 



You may have a lot of stuff that you need to get off your chest, but the toilet is not the place to do it.

3. Behaving like a bird 



This is just stupid; why would you do this?

4. Writing an Opus



I know, I know, I get inspired on the toilet too, but other people are waiting to use it.

5. Staging a musical



Acoustics are generally good in toilets but owing to the limited capacity of the cubicle, the amount of revenue from any such venture is going to be very small. 

6. Creating a portal to another dimension



Please don't do this; it inconveniences everyone.

7. Eating



Something about one eating on the toilet just doesn't sit right with me at all.

8. Eating the toilet



It's just not worth the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment